Don’t toss your old doors… give them a super cheap barn door makeover! Most everyone’s home comes with builders grade hallow doors. Chances are your home has them too… probably with a few dozen layers of paint on them too. Don’t waste a small fortune hiring someone to replace all those bedroom and bathroom doors. Embrace the barn door craze with a super cheap, super easy door rehab and spend all that saved money on something more fun- like another Gazinta Project!
Super Easy, Super Cheap Barn Doors in an afternoon for under $30
Until you get you new barn door painted it will look like you are making preparations or a zombie attack.
- an afternoon [and this includes time for paint to dry]
- paint or wood stain
- inexpensive wood- 1″x4″ for diagonal board and 1″x2″ for the horizontal bars [I purposely picked the boards with the biggest, most obvious knots to keep in that barn theme]
- wood screws with large heads [no hiding the attachments when going for barn door- I wanted all the screw heads to be very visable]
- plastic hinge kit sold for decorating garage doors and black screws to attach them
- assorted gate hardware to complete your theme look
- Saw [rotary or simple hand saw]
- Electric Drill/Screwdriver